The placenta is the organ that surrounds the fetus in the womb connecting nourishment and blood supply between mother and baby. It is expelled from the uterus minutes after childbirth and often times thrown away as medical waste. There are many cultures, however, which customarily prepare all or part of the placenta to be consumed by the mother. These include the Chinese, Vietnamese, Hungarians, and Italians. In nature, all other mammals consume the placenta of their offspring.
The positive effects of Placenta Encapsulation include:
- Increases release of Oxytocin which encourages better bonding between mother and baby
- Increases milk production (supplies Prolactin, Oxytocin, and hPL hormones)
- Reduces stress and anxiety levels (influences endocrine stress levels with increase in CRH, balance in Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone)
- Increases energy (boosts iron and regulates Thyroid)
- Stabilizes Post-partum mood
- Improves Immune system
- Relieves pain related to childbirth and contraction of uterus
Seasons of Balance Family Acupuncture uses a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) method that has been used for centuries. The process steams, dehydrates, and grinds the placenta into a fine powder that is put into capsules for consumption by the mother.
Placenta Encapsulation: $150.00
with keepsake and instructions
~Includes pick-up and delivery within a 20 mile radius of our Minocqua office.
~$.50/mile for clients beyond 20 miles.
~Finished product delivered within 72 hours.
Get all of your questions answered, have a full discussion of the process, and plan the seamless pick up and delivery arrangements so that after you give birth you can focus on your family’s new addition.
Schedule a free consult with Seasons of Balance Family Acupuncture